Cobra Multirotor Speed Controllers are designed to be the perfect compliment to the Cobra Multirotor motors, but can also be used with virtually any brand brushless motor. These speed controllers use a proprietary firmware that is optimized for use in multirotors, and are able to accept refresh rates of up to 500 Hz from your flight controller board. They come set up and ready to go from the factory, so in most cases, no programming of any kind is required.
The Cobra FPV Mini Speed Controllers do not provide BEC voltage to power your receiver or servos. A separate battery or BEC circuit is required when using these speed controllers. In most cases, you can use a power distribution board with a built-in 5 volt switching regulator circuit. The control lead on this ESC only has the Signal and Ground connections, so there is no need to pull the red wire out of the connector..
The Cobra 20A Mini FPV Multirotor ESC comes with pre-tinned input and output leads, which can be cut as needed for installation purposes. The battery leads on the ESC are 18 AWG, and the motor leads are 20 AWG.
Cobra Multirotor Speed Controller Features
• Easy Set-up and Operation
• Throttle Range automatically detected and set for smooth, linear throttle response
• 500 Hz refresh rate is compatible with most flight controllers on the market
• ESC's ship with BL-Heli Firmware which can be switched to One-Shot if desired
• Optional USB programming interface available for easy Firmware updates
• Safe Start-Up: The ESC will not arm until the throttle is in the idle position
• PWM Frequency is set to 20KHz for best operation on a wide range of motors
• Over Temp Protection: Shuts down the ESC output if temperature exceeds 230F (110C)
|Weight (With Lead Wires)||10.0 grams (0.35 oz)|
|Max Continuous Current||20 Amps|
|Burst Current rating (15s)||25 Amps|
|Operating Voltage Range||6 to 16 Volts|
|Number of Li-Po cells||2 to 4 cells|
|BEC Output||None (Opto)|
|ESC Size (Inc. Caps, in mm)||38 x 13 x 8|
|ESC Size (Inc. Caps, in inches)||1.50 x 0.51 x 0.31|