HobbyWing Platinum Pro V5 Series 150A ESC (3-8s)
Two-sided hollow cooling structure
The two-sided structure of the circuit board has been re-designed to improve heat dissipation.
The “open” design has allowed for better internal airflow circulation, resulting in a better cooling effect. Using thermal conductive tape and an additional heatsink would prolong the life and improves heat dissipation on the external capacitors.
The thermal scale duct design has enhanced the cooling effect for the ESC to work cooler and more stable in the most extreme of conditions.
Note: the double-sided hollow heat dissipation structure is patented.
Smaller size，Stronger flow resistance
The newly redesigned circuity has a more robust thermal structure in order for the Platinum 150A V5 to achieve a stronger flow resistance (150A/instant, 180A flow resistance). The smaller footprint design further improves assembly process, resulting in the ESC from touching the head cover (canop).
Superior fixed speed capabilities
The 32-bit processor combines with advanced algorithms from the Hobbywing engineers are key to maximizing the full potential of the ESC. The fixed speed sensitivity is fully adjustable. This allows users to quickly find the suitable settings to suit their flying style, performing advanced aerobatic maneuvers and 3D flying at ease with precision.
High power BEC
The high power BEC is built-in and fully programmable. The output voltage is adjustable between 5.4-8.4V (0.1v step) and has a continuous output current of more than 10A. The instant output current has been increased to 30A and will provide an abundance of power consistently throughout the entire flight.
Added safety protection
It has multiple protection functions such as; Start-up protection, current protection, temperature protection, overload protection, throttle signal loss
protection, input voltage protection, and effectively extending the life of the ESC.
Synchronous rectifier technology with multiple advantages
The ESC features optimized synchronous rectifier drives up efficiency (DEO---driving Efficiency Optimization, or Active Freewheeling), with multiple benefits:
● Faster throttle response, increased flight stability and flexibility at the same time
● Higher drive efficiency and longer battery life
● Lower temperature adjustment, more reliable
Comes with a stand-alone parameter setting interface that expands a wide
range of functions:
● Connect the multi-function LCD setup box or OTA wireless module through the
mobile phone for parameter setup With flight data recording function such as;
● Minimum voltage, maximum current, maximum temperature data, calibration
speed, speed curve table (helicopter storage fixed speed mode)
● Upgradable firmware (LCD parameter setup box or OTA module required).
Multiple braking modes added to fixed wing flights
There are four modes of braking in total. They are; Brake off, Ordinary brake, Proportional brake and Reverse brake.
● In the brake mode, the brake strength can be adjusted.
● In the proportional brake mode, brake strength is automatically assigned though the throttle rocker position.
● In reverse brake, the remote control system is able to achieve and control forward and reverse.